Friday 14 June 2013

AW YISSSSSS

WHAT IS UP 2013?

So.. almost 2 years to the day since I deserted my blog, leaving it languishing alone and unloved in blogger hell, I have returned.

But here's the weird part.

I was still getting views. I don't think a single day has gone by without at least 1 page view. Which quite frankly boggles my mind. So obviously, I have to give the people more of what they want. Me (duh). 

For my followers (and not just randomers coming here from a google search for pokemon boobs [wtf!?!]) you might notice a few changes.

1) A new name! Sadly, chicgeek82 is no longer "a thing", and my jewelry business has had a bit of a makeover. We are now Kitty Boo, named after the irrepressible Boo the cat. I am not 100% sure how she feels about having a business named after her. I've tried asking a few times but she tends to just bite me if I address her directly. And sometimes even if I don't. 

2) A new layout! I've come to accept that however much I love acid pink leopard print, not everyone shares that opinion. Let's be honest; between the (awesome) hideous wallpaper, the matching pink blog backgrounds, and the very questionable almost Comic Sans font, the whole thing was a hot mess. All I was missing was a few "Blingee" sparkle gifs. That is not cool for anyone.

2A) Incidentally, I love the term "hot mess"

2B) Back to the layout. Right now, I'm using a "PICK FROM THIS LIST OF TEMPLATES" background supplied by blogger.com. Mainly because I don't entirely trust myself. Because any moment I could snap and use that really awesome multicoloured neon leopard print. Really. And who wouldn't love that? Clue: Your eyes. 


2C) A PICTURE OF THE AUTHOR. Yeah. Finally you get to see my awful face. That is me posing in my car on one of the rare sunny days we get in Scotland. A week later on another one of those rare days, I got sunburn so bad I couldn't move for a week.

3) I've decided to take blogging in a different direction. Mostly. I'm still going to blog about random stuff I think about (e.g. the elusive cat belly button) but I'm probably not going to be reviewing/featuring Etsy stuff, or doing Dr Who catch up stuff. Dr Who, mainly because I am still just FURIOUS about Amy and Rory being written out. And now Matt Smith is leaving so overall I'm just mad. MAD AS HECK.

3A) OK I feel like I needed a new section because I got pretty intense about Dr Who for a moment there. Going forward, I'm planning on reviewing stuff. Nothing specific, like I'm not going to start the worlds number 1 blog site for reviewing bike seat cozies or something (note to self: totally do this). That would require a lot of posting from Etsy tbh, they love stuff like that. I'm going to review stuff that I like, stuff that I use, stuff that I want to use and stuff I enjoy or find helpful. Hell I might even review the cat at some point. 

4) OH MAN DON'T FEAR THE REAPER JUST CAME ON THE RADIO. DO Y'ALL WATCH SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE?  I can't hear that song now without picturing Will Ferrel just rocking out so hard on that cowbell. Awesome. 

Okay. I think that's everything for now. So stick with me, it could be fun, it could be horrendous, it could be a terrible trip into the psyche of a woman who genuinely thought that background was a good idea. 

I'm hoping to do another post later on today, but in the meantime, have an update photo of the bloody cat. Boo, it's what's for dinner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment